Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Whose Round Is It Anyway? and Teaser Tuesday

There are times when I find myself between the devil and the deep spew. I'm a 13 stepper, you see and there ain't no amount of rehab that can help me. I can almost feel my lips now. You know what that means . . . its time for another round. By morning, I'll be job-sick playing hooky but bar-well, deep in the drink. There's my bar-mate, Danny. It's all nice that he keeps me company, talks about politics, sports and what not. But I digress. What I really want is a freakin' drink. Whose round is it anyway?





"Whose Round Is It Anyway?"
Alexander Millar

Drabble- a story told in exactly 100 words.



My Teaser Tuesday: Bloghop  from C. M. Brown


Percy had fought many battles. He’d even fought in a couple of arenas, but nothing like this. In the huge Colosseum, with thousands of cheering ghosts, the god Bacchus staring down at him, and the two twelve-foot giants looming over him, Percy felt as small and insignificant as a bug. He also felt very angry. Fighting giants was one thing. Bacchus making it into a game was something else.

Riordan, Rick (2012-10-02). The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, Book Three) (Kindle Locations 7593-7597). Disney. Kindle Edition. 


No comments:

Post a Comment