Monday, January 28, 2013

Tunnels






Tunnels


Some journeys never end.  I wonder about the light at the end of the tunnel.  Is it getting closer?  Is it getting further?  Or worse, is the distance still the same?  Life seems like that sometimes, like getting stuck in a tedious routine.  However, one good thing about tunnels is that the path to the goal is direct.  Everyone knows that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, according to Euclidean geometry (may not work on a sphere).  Eventually, I'll reach that goal.  I may have to take some breaks along the way, but I'll get there.

Drabble- n. a story told in exactly 100 words.
Word Count Tool




4 comments:

  1. Just don't quit!
    Unless the light is getting closer - in that case, get out of the way of the train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Existentialist- Thanks so much.

    @Alex- You know, I almost spewed my coffee all over the screen. But coming from NYC, I should have taken the on-coming train into account. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tunnels. No way to get lost... unless there are forks... Then all bets are off. And I can't handle them if they aren't taller than what I can reach (and wider). I get claustrophobia if I feel like they are closing in around me. Best to make sure your tunnels are well-escavated...

    ReplyDelete