Thursday, July 15, 2010

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream


To Sleep, Perchance To Dream

What a sweet relief it would be to sleep eternally and dream. My body is tired. I am terminally ill from appointments, lab tests, lab results, HMO's, the revolving door of physicians who, in the end, cannot help me. I trudge from building to building, office to office and laboratory to laboratory. To what purpose? I am dying. I am in that moribund state of limbo. I am neither dead nor am I truly living. What a sweet relief it would be to sleep eternally and dream. To sleep, perchance to dream.





For more on dreams and writing, check out Burrowers, Books & Balderdash.

drabble- n.  A story written in exactly 100 words.

"To sleep, perchance to dream," Act 3 scene 1 lines 65-66 , Hamlet by William Shakespeare.

Image courtesy of:  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Darcy_white_dreams.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I love it, and it was a very fitting intro to your Burrow blog post :)

    ReplyDelete