Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weight loss and Weight Struggle


So while most of my online friends are competing in the NaNoWriMo, I have taken on a different challenge. I want to lose weight before the holidays arrive and I really pack on pounds. I have struggled with my weight since I was an adolescent. I am tired all the time and have no energy for my children, once I come home from work. I need to change. Not I want to change but I NEED to change.

My plan:
  1. Change my eating habits. I realize that I don't eat very much. However, what I do eat are high calorie, high fat, high sugar foods that cause increased rapid weight gain. I will eat mostly from the fruit and vegetable groups incorporating high fiber carbohydrates.
  2. No more snacking at work. This is the worst. I skip lunch and then eat junk like potato chips or Ring Dings.
  3. After work, I want to exercise at least four times per week. I have an elliptical machine (which I think is just evil but will try it anyway), a Total Gym, Wii Fit, Wii Active and a Tai Chi video. With this variety of exercises, I can target both strength training and aerobics.
  4. Limit all eating and drinking until 7:00 pm. Afterwards, no more food.
  5. Get my husband to join me. I am no good on my own. I may have the will but not the motivation. I am better when someone exercises with me.
That's it. I plan to start today and keep a log of food and activities. I don't want to wait until January because if I don't get started now, I never will. I am already 36 and time is ticking. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment