Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween


My writer's group, www.the-burrow.org, have created a little Halloween display of drabbles on the website. Check it out. In the meantime, here is my drabble:

Zombies, and ghosts and ghouls! Oh my!
Zombies, and ghosts and ghouls! Oh my!

Dark shadows and eery street lights cast elongated, shapes on the sidewalk.
Frightening pumpkins encase glowing candles that set an ominous mood to any dwelling.

Zombies, and ghosts and ghouls! Oh my!
Zombies, and ghosts and ghouls! Oh my!

Trick-or-treat bags are swollen with mounds of candy. Parents scour through the candy ensuring the safety of their children.
Children gorge on this delectable feast of sweets resulting in belly-aches and relentless moans.

Zombies, and ghosts and ghouls! Oh my!
Zombies, and ghosts and ghouls! Oh my!


(Drabble(n) - an extremely short work of fiction exactly one hundred words in length.)


No comments:

Post a Comment