Monday, November 9, 2009

Midtown Rush


"Taxi!" I yelled with my arm raised high. Hailing a cab in Midtown during rush hour is definitely ill-advised. I walked to the next corner. It begins to rain. I mumble about meteorologists and faulty forecasts and it dawned on me that I forgot the holy grail in business- my flashdrive with the PowerPoint presentation needed for the meeting. Thank God for cell phones.
"Mandy, bring my flash drive to 39th and Park. I don't care how you do it. . . Yes, I know the meeting is in fifteen minutes. Just get it to me. Now!" Time for a new assistant.

Drabble(n) - an extremely short work of fiction exactly one hundred words in length.

Painting by Paul Kenton
Image courtesy of Cardiff Galleries

For a response to this drabble, check out Rayna's blog: Colours- Violet.

No comments:

Post a Comment