Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Nice Glass of Wine




Sometimes, all I want is nice glass of cool wine at night.  I don't drink very often since I was diagnosed with diabetes.  I don't even drink socially.  Perhaps, this is why I rarely go to the bar on Fridays.  Maybe, this is why my bottle of white zinfandel sits in the refrigerator unopened and untouched.   Perchance, this is why I don't visit my friends for a "drink."

Well, at least I won't go out like my father did, on dialysis and limited to 10 ounces of fluids per day.  

But . . . sometimes, I just want a nice glass of wine.

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, Shaz, I read your words and I'm not sure how to respond except you seem like such a nice gal and all I want for you is both health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suze! It's sometimes overwhelming but health and happiness are the goal. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise to let it sit there, as wine has a lot of sugar. Is there a low-sugar variety?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought of looking for wine with low sugar. Thanks Alex, next time I stop at the supermarket (there is a wine store next door), I'll check and see if they have any available. Great suggestion! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eat some grapes instead. It is almost the same thing.

    ReplyDelete