Monday, January 7, 2013

Outlander in an Urban Jungle




Sometimes I feel like I just don’t belong.  The fast pace of working in New York City is daunting.  Weaving in and out of traffic on the sidewalk on a daily basis has become unbearable.  Once in the car, the panicky feeling does not abate.  The pressure in my limbs mount until it seems as though I have a vise grip on the steering wheel.  Through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel and the tension lessens.  As the car approaches the Verrazano Bridge, a sigh of relief escapes my lips.  Almost home.  Sanctuary.  No longer an outlander in an urban jungle.

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
Drabble- a story told in exactly 100 words.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, do I relate! The city was just too much, and the sooner I could shut it out, the better. Whew! I think that's why we moved. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Crystal-
    Yeah, there are some days in which I love the city. But then the people upset me and I want to head back to the suburbs.

    ReplyDelete