Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Quiet time


Quiet Time


I fled from the house, angry with my wife and went to the local bar. You looked at me with those smoldering eyes and bought me a drink. We talked late into the night. You took me home. I never meant to cheat on her but I needed what you offered me. Warmth and understanding. It was a one night stand but will haunt me for as long as I live. As I sit here contemplating this letter, I realize you were a mistake. I should have gone home.


How do I tell my wife that I am HIV positive?


This drabble (story told in exactly 100 words) was inspired by brother who lost the battle to AIDS on February 2, 2007.


Arwork provided by Washington Green Galleries. Artist is Hamish Blakely.


Many more drabbles can be found at www.the-burrow.org.


No comments:

Post a Comment