Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A-Z April 2013 Challenge: Twin Towers

This is part of the April 2013 A-Z Challenge.  Enjoy!





It was cold and bright that morning on September 11, 2001.  Students rushed in speaking of unimaginable events.  A plane hit the Twin Towers.  Ridiculous.  Or so I thought.  Time was a blur, helping students to reach their parents.  I was one of the last to leave the school.  Walked to the Staten Island Ferry.  Acrid smoke in the air.  Hard to breathe.  Dust and ash on my clothes and shoes.  So tired and thirsty.  I was the last person to reach home that night.  But at least I was able to go home that day.  So many did not.

Drabble- n. story told in exactly 100 words.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I was. It seems surreal now. Almost like a lifetime ago but when I think about it, I can still smell the smoke.

      Delete
  2. Very poignant, Chary. Still makes me shiver when I remember these attack. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's funny but I didn't really think as much as react. My main priority that day was to get the students home and then get home to my children. My family was worried because I had not contacted anyone all day. It took an eternity to get home that night. :/

      Delete
  3. What if you told people you were a play bazaar very successful person? Do you think they would treat you differently than they do now? Sure, but how do you get that success? Start by reading the tips and tricks below and see how you can use multi-level marketing to your advantage.sata king

    ReplyDelete