Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A-Z April 2013 Challenge: Beach

This is part of the April 2013 A-Z Challenge.  Enjoy!



I long for the salt-laden air and warm breeze that caresses my sun-drenched face.  I remember when you brushed my rich brown hair from my hazel eyes and then kissed me on the beach.  Oh how we laughed and loved and danced.  I remember losing my balance but you were right there to catch me and put me straight.  I remember the spray of ocean water swirling about our feet as we tried to keep our pants from becoming drenched.  I remember the twinkle in your eyes and the melody in your laugh.  

What happened to us? What went wrong?


Drabble- n. story told in exactly 100 words.

9 comments:

  1. Too much (or too little?) beach?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too little of course. We always need more beach. ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, sad twist to the ending here. What was I thinking. ;)

      Delete
  3. I had never heard of a drabble before, but I think this is a very good one! Made me think of an experience of my own. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura. I try to write with universal themes in mind.

      Delete