Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Teaser Tuesday/ Wednesday, Blog Blitz and A-Z Challenge



* I know it is Wednesday but I am not really here.  :P  *


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. I found this great weekly event via C. M. Brown.  Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here is my Teaser for today:

Jem heard me.  He thrust his head around the connecting door.  As he came to my bed Atticus's light flashed on.  We stayed where we were until it went off; we heard him turn over, and we waited until he was still again.

Jem took me to his room and put me in bed beside him.  "Try to go to sleep," he said.  "It'll all be over after tomorrow, maybe."

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, p. 177.







Join the Blog Blitz hosted by D. L. Hammons.  Excerpted from his blog:


Everyone knows I like to try new and different things, so today I present to you the BLOG BLITZ.  Here’s how I see it working. Sign up on the linky list below, making sure to record your email address, and you’ll instantly become a member of the Blog Blitz Team.  Then from time to time, I will select a deserving blog (that must be part of the Blitz Team) and a specific date.  I will then email the team members that information and on that date we all will go out of our way to visit that blog and leave an encouraging comment on their most recent post.  I'm talking about hopefully a 100+ comments appearing out of the blue in one day!

At first I'll pick who gets blitzed, but then I'll start taking recommendations from other members for deserving targets. My only restriction about who joins the Blog Blitz Team is that your blog cannot be primarily for commercial gain.

This will only be successful if everyone reading this spreads the word and gets as many bloggers as we can to join the team.  Once your signed up, display the banner above proudly on your own blog.  
 Blog about the Blitz.  Tweet about the Blitz.  Facebook the Blitz.  Then sit back and wonder...


 Just click the Linky here.  

Also, there is the April 2013 A-Z Challenge.  We will be blogging the alphabet in April.  To join click here.   Have fun!  Can't wait to read the entries!



This will be my last post for this week since I am actually in Washington DC with my students.  We are touring colleges, memorial sites, Smithsonian museums and the National Mall for three glorious days!  

Here are photos from last year's trip to DC (with students).  :D




The Washington Monument from the steps of Lincoln Memorial.


The Korean War Memorial 
(The statues scared me, they were so life-like.)


Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
(It was lovely with the cherry blossoms blowing in the wind.)

5 comments:

  1. All signed up for the Blitz!
    Have a great time in DC and don't let the kids run you ragged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trip was cut short. My grandma is terminally ill and has taken a turn for the worse. :'(

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out to the AZ! All good wishes to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your grandma gets better soon. Good luck in the AZ!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete