Last Friday, I got this wonderful Versatile Blogger award from Cruella Collette over at The Giraffibility of Digressions. She absolutely made me blush. Receiving this award two times in one month is awesome! As tradition dictates, I must reveal seven things about myself. So here we go:
- This month, I will have been happily married for eight years. We have actually been together for ten years and it feels like just yesterday we met. I wrote a drabble about it in last Sunday's post.
- I have 5,452 songs on my iPod. Yes, I love music. I have a very eclectic selection. I enjoy Salsa, Merengue, Hip Hop, Pop, R&B, Alternative, Reggae, Hard Rock, etc. The only music I really don't enjoy is Heavy Metal. Although, I do have some Ozzy and Coheed & Cambria.
- Besides music, my ipod also contains all six seasons of The Office. I love the shenanigans that go on in this witty workplace. I have seen The British Office and love it as well. Ricky Gervais, Steve Carrell and Rainn Wilson are hilarious.
- I am a Sci-Fi and Fantasy fanatic. Yes, I love Star Trek, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, most TV shows on the Sci-Fi channel and classic authors like Robert Heinlein. Some contemporary authors I like are Octavia Butler, who recently passed, and Robin Hobb.
- I teach special education at the high school level. I have experience with students who have learning disabilities, emotional disabilities, mental retardation (I hate the name of that classification since it has such negative connotations- developmental/ cognitive disorder would be better) and students with autism.
- I love swimming but have not gone all summer! Between work, home, family and sudden illness, the pool and beach are but a distant dream. That will change when I go on vacation. :D
- My favorite movie of all time is The Long Kiss Goodnight. Gina Davis makes a great PTA mom who suffers from amnesia. She later finds that she is actually an assassin. Supporting actor Samuel Jackson is a hilarious, private eye sidekick in this film who helps Gina find her true identity. It is well worth renting from Blockbuster, Netflix or whatever video store in your area.
- Yvonne over at Welcome To My World of Poetry. She writes such endearing poems on everything from winning a prize at a self-check out to loving memories of her departed husband.
- Cold as Heaven at Cold as Heaven. How's that for symmetry. This blog is an array of thoughts from food and wine to sociopolitical issues.
- Amy at Artistically Amy. This blog has some really gorgeous photography, some great tips on altering images and great stories behind the pictures.
I would also like to wish my sister a Happy Birthday! Love you. :D