Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Red Peppers







Your flesh is radiant in the mid-afternoon sun. Your lips are so vibrant, they remind me of a sweet red pepper ripened to perfection. I miss having you here beside me. I know that I messed up. Things have become so odd between us these last few years and I strayed. I’m sorry that I put you through so much. It was selfish but I needed something more.

If only I had tried to be around a little. If only I had not been lead astray. If only she had not reminded me of what we once had. If only . . .



Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

To see more, visit the Burrow's Prismatic Feature.

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful post, loved the words.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words I find myself thinking, lately...if only

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Yvonne & Anita- Thanks so much. I wrote this while thinking loving and naughty thoughts of my husband.

    *blushes*

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the little story, and love those delicious red peppers!

    ReplyDelete