Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Orange Mushroom

"What's this Mommy?"

"Well, that's a mushroom. Not sure which kind but it looks beautiful."

"Can we eat it? It looks like really yummy candy."

"No, sweetie. We can't eat bright orange mushrooms. Matter of fact, most mushrooms are poisonous. Don't ever eat any mushrooms that are growing outside. Okay?"

"So, all mushrooms outside will kill me."

"Yup. Our bodies can't handle them. Promise not to eat any. I see that little glint in your eye. You cannot eat them, even when I'm not with you."

"Yes, Mommy. Can we get something to eat? The mushroom made me really hungry."

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

To see more, visit the Burrow's Prismatic Feature.


  1. Most interesting to read, also enjoyable.

    Take care.

  2. This one is actually true. Two years ago, we vacationed in Ithaca, NY. We traveled through a beautiful State Park and came across these brightly colored orange mushrooms. My youngest daughter was very tempted to pick them and bring them home. Cute but dangerous!